24th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Your bulletin: https://saintspeterpaulpalmyra.org/september-12th-2021/
· This weekend we remember 9/11/2001 – 20 years later
· Happy Grandparents day (special prayer p. 3)
· CCD resumes in person this weekend, Sunday, September 12th in the Parish Hall, followed by Mass at 11am at SPP. Parents: please remember to join your children in the church for family Mass at 11am.
· RCIA resumes this weekend, September 12th, at 9:45am in the Lounge. Contact Peter Coleman if interested.
· June Wimer will be staying after Masses this weekend and next for anyone interested in signing up for Adoration. Not sure what to do at Adoration? June will have someone there to help walk you through it. Meet her outside of the chapel after Mass. (p. 5)
· Thank you to all who helped with the Bake Sale last weekend, whether you baked, sold, or purchased, we appreciate your support of this activity. A total of $383 was raised to benefit the Justice & Peace ministry.
· Both Bible Study groups resume this Monday; Rejoice! At 1pm and Saved by the Book at 7pm, both in the Parish Hall, St. Elizabeth’s room.
· Exaltation of the Cross Mass is Tuesday, September 14th at noon. (p. 8)
· Joe Arleth’s funeral Mass is Saturday, September 18th at 11am with visitation at 10am.
· Virginia March for Life (in Richmond) is Friday, September 17th. Arrangements have been made for a 23-passenger bus to transport those interested. Cost is $15 per person and the bus leaves the church at 10am and will return to the church after the event. Please see David Cauffield after Mass to sign up. (p. 8)
· The Knights of Columbus plan on holding vigil in front of Planned Parenthood in Charlottesville beginning September 28th from 9 – 11am every Tuesday until October 26th. You don’t have to be a Knight to participate. (p. 8)
· Memories from your time at Sts. Peter and Paul are still very much in need. Please share your memories so we can create a full album to share with those now and in the future. (p. 8)
· Singin’ in the Rain is coming to St. Francis Hall here at Sts. Peter and Paul Church. (p. 9)
Friday, September 24th
Refreshments available during intermission
A sign-up sheet is on the board next to the Knights table in the Commons
· Grief Share returns on Wednesday evenings starting September 15th at 7pm and runs for 13 weeks. (p. 9)
· The next “Reflections” talk is on Thursday, September 30 at St. Joseph following the 5pm Mass. (p. 10)
· CCD resumes this weekend before Mass at SJ.
God bless. I pray you have a wonderful weekend.