Christmas in July – Prison Ministry
Can you believe it’s that time of year again?! The Prison Ministry is again humbly asking for donations for the Fluvanna Correctional Center for Women Christmas gift ministry, a ministry that’s been operating almost every year since the Correctional Center opened in 1998.
We are asking for the following donations:
Approved Hygiene Items (please remember: full-sized, not travel-sized J )
**Items can be placed in gallon sized zip lock bags
– One individually wrapped toothbrush
– One tube of toothpaste not to exceed 6 oz.
– One deodorant stick (no spray or roll-on) not to exceed 2.4 oz
– One bottle of lotion not to exceed 15 oz.
– One bottle of shampoo not to exceed 15 oz.
Approved Greeting Cards and Stationery Items:
– Greeting cards for all occasions, including Christmas and Hanukkah
– Stationery items (envelopes, writing paper)
– Postage stamps (please donate the Forever type)
– One wooden pencil (unsharpened)
Please Do Not Donate any Travel-Size Items. The Prison cannot use them and we must dispose of them. Travel/smaller size hygiene items and calendars/planners cannot be used. We appreciate everyone’s generosity, but these items cannot be used. The Knights of Columbus often donate these types of items to the local shelters, so please check with them.
Please contact Will Kulick 540-308-5152 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We sincerely thank you for your generosity and prayers. God bless from the prison ministry team.